Saturday 5 January 2013

@52Blogs - Week 1:Cake

This is what I must say when presented with cake


NO

No no no no no no,


My brain knows I have a propensity for all things bad for me.
My brain also knows I have no off button or even a functioning full gauge.
My brain knows I must avoid cake to remain healthy.

My brain rarely wins the day however.

I love cake, not all cake but I love at least these few

Angel cake
Angel food cake
Apple cake
Aranygaluska
Bakewell tart
Ballokume
Boston cream pie
Banana cake/bread
Banoffee pie
Bara brith
Battenberg cake
Baumkuchen
Bibingka
Bienenstich (Bee Sting)
Birthday cake
Black Forest cake, often known as "Black Forest gâteau"
Buccellato
Budapestlängd
Bundt cake
Butter cake
Butterfly cake
Carrot cake
Cheesecake
Chiffon cake
Chocolate cake
Christmas cake
Coffee cake
Croquembouche
Cupcake
Dacquoise
Date and walnut loaf
Date square
Depression cake
Devil's food cake
Dobos cake
Dundee cake
Eccles cake
Esterhazy torte
Fat rascal
Flourless chocolate cake
French Fancy
Frog cake
Fruitcake
Funing big cake
Genoa cake
Genoise (Genoese cake)
Gingerbread
Gooey butter cake
Hot milk cake
Ice cream cake
Jaffa Cakes
Kabuni
Kendal Mint Cake
Kiev cake
King cake
Kladdkaka
Kouign-amann
Kransekake
Lady Baltimore Cake
Lamington
Layer cake
Lemon cake
Madeira cake
Magdalenas
Mantecada
Marble cake
Mille-feuille
Molten chocolate cake
Mooncake
Muffin
Opera cake
Orange and polenta cake
Pampepato
Panettone
Parkin
Pavlova
Petits fours
Pineapple upside-down cake
Pontefract cake
Pound cake
Prinsesstårta
Prinzregententorte
Pumpkin bread
Punschkrapfen
Queen Elisabeth cake
Qumeshtore me pete
Red bean cake
Red velvet cake
Rum cake
Ruske kape
Sachertorte
Šakotis
Salzburger Nockerl
Sesame seed cake
Simnel cake
Soufflé
Spekkoek
Spice cake
Sponge cake
St. Honoré cake
Stack cake
Streuselkuchen
Sultana and cherry cake
Suncake
Swiss roll
Tarte Tatin
Tea loaf
Teacake
Tiramisu
Tompouce
Torta Tre Monti
Tres leches cake
Tunis cake
Upside-down cake
Victoria sponge cake
Wedding cake
Welsh cake
Whoopie pies
Wine cake
Yōkan

Most of all I like Ice Cream.

7 years ago I weighed 148kg had an at rest Heart Blood Pressure of 190/140, I was told by my Doctor to make a choice, stop treating my body as I had been, loose weight, give up cigarettes and get fit.  I laughed and asked what was the other choice? He paused looked at me and said die before your 40 of massive coronary heart failure.

I chose the first option, so now I don't eat so much cake

I miss it


That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment